Last month, Google announced that they were testing their mobile-first indexing. This means that the search ranking on mobile devices will differ from desktop. This makes total sense, as mobile users have surpassed desktop users since 2014, you would want search results to cater to a mobile user experience. So here are 5 quick things you should do to make sure that your site maintains its search dominance on mobile.
1. Run a Mobile-Friendly Test
If your site is mobile friendly, skip to step 3.
2. If your site is not mobile-friendly, customize your website CMS for mobile. Check how here.
3. Check your structured data to see if there are any unnecessary markups and errors. Your developer can fix these issues to make your site run faster.
4. Verify your mobile site in Google search console, if you haven’t already.
5. Dominate the mobile search rankings!