A few 6Sers flew into San Francisco this week for a highly-anticipated conference: Dreamforce, Salesforce.com’s annual user and developer conference. What was our objective? To keep our heads in the Cloud — soaking up valuable product updates, Salesforce strategy tips, and even life-improvement tactics from some pretty renowned speakers (Deepak Chopra, anyone?) Our favourite highlights are below.
[row][column size=6 centered=1][/column][/row]
At 6S, we use Salesforce for everything from lead nurturing to project management, and as our popular internal social network (Chatter). So when Dreamforce invitations began circulating, we were eager to attend. Operations Manager Raelene focused on learning about admin process automation to better operations efficiency, while VP Sales Lyn was interested in marketing automation and how this feeds into the sales pipeline — again, with a view to increase productivity. Our Managing Director John also took notes on the Salesforce’s ability to foster corporate culture and leadership.
What were our Dreamforce highlights?
- Getting entertained by Green Day during the opening gala event — there were upwards of 125k attendees, and a downpour of rain in AT&T park
- Salesforce.com founder Marc Benioff discussing how Salesforce is pushing the boundaries for their “internet of customers” (he coined the catchphrase of the conference – and also wore some pretty snazzy shoes)
- The product launch of ExactTarget Marketing Cloud – a fantastic innovation in fully-integrated campaign management and analytics. It even featured Sony’s PS4
- A strong Vancouver presence — we met up with fellow Vancouverites at the Traction mingler at the Clift hotel. It was also great to spend time with our L.A. partners, BIRD Los Angeles
- Deepak Chopra’s final keynote of the conference was incredible. The guru and author reminded us all of the importance of a healthy mind, and how it encourages a healthy body!
We can’t wait to return to next year’s conference. What were your favourite moments at Dreamforce?