Fashion lovers in Vancouver and Toronto were quivering in anticipation of Topshop Canada’s launch. With street-team activations, contests and more, Topshop was ready for some super-sized publicity.
Styling Up Canada
Topshop teamed up with 6S to showcase launch events and all the stylish facets of their brand. With only one month to run a campaign, it was time to pull out the big guns: experiential social media activation. Working in tandem with the experiential program and event launch developed by brand.LIVE Management Group, this strategy led consumers through the digital world, out to real life and back again – effortlessly integrating online with offline.
Promote, Promote, Promote
Twitter, YouTube, leading blogs—it was time to strut down the social media catwalk. From glamorous videos to specifically-targeted ads, the digital world was abuzz with all things Topshop. Awesome viewer engagement and high click-through rates amplified the brand for launch time.
- Promoted account: Topshop’s account gained 2,500 new followers in a month
- Promoted Tweets ran on the @topshop_canada account, reaching both Vancouver and Toronto
- Content included street team activity, promotional videos, Twitter contests
- Great viewer engagement: 2.13% for Vancouver, 3.78% for Toronto
- Topshop doubled their Facebook fans in a month due to Fan Acquisition Ads
- Sponsored Stories generated a low cost-per-click and a high click-through rate
- Facebook ads increased Topman Canada’s Facebook fan base by 1,935 people
- The Promoted Facebook event for Vancouver’s store launch gained 3,360 RSVPs
- Ads in the Google Display Network were targeted by geography (both Vancouver and Toronto) and interest—beauty, society, shopping
- Ads promoting street team activation drove traffic to corresponding Facebook events
- Google Display ads created a total of 1.2 million impressions and 1,873 ad clicks
- Two promotional videos (one for Vancouver, one for Toronto) were created and uploaded
- The videos received 7,123 unique views in a 3-week period, due to YouTube paid advertising
- Average cost-per-view was low, while click-through rates were high
Key Influencer Outreach
Topshop partnered with big-name bloggers in the fashion world, too. TheStyleSpy.com, an award-winning Canadian site, sent out a Topshop-featured email newsletter and sizzling front-page ‘hot list’ mention. VancityBuzz.com, Vancouverisawesome.com and Miss604 all ran Topshop-featured ads. Topman products were even featured on Dudepins (the male version of Pinterest)—incorporating a blog post, email newsletter and stylish sponsored pinboard.
- Topshop became featured in the Chinese social network Weibo
- Topshop’s posts received tons of engagement in Weibo – their first post garnered 215 reposts
- A Chinese translation of Topshop’s VancityBuzz.com blog post was circulated
With all this publicity, Topshop received fabulous results. Their grand opening was fully packed, and their store continues to enjoy online buzz.
As an end-of-campaign gift, 6S gave Topshop a ‘social media toolkit’. This handy portfolio contains suggested Tweets, suggested Facebook posts, and more social media tips. It’ll come in handy to keep Canada’s fashionistas informed!